Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Getting a Cellphone (And Other Miscellany

2004.01.25

Well, today I woke up and ate breakfast real fast. After that, I went to Obirin for a one-time job -- Obirin was interviewing for a new Japanese-teacher position. I get the feeling that my impression of a good teacher and the interviewers' impressions of a good teacher are different -- I was enthusiastic about the one man who went; he was very expressive, energetic, and could also speak in, as far as I could tell, near-flawless (and I mean it when I say 'flawless') English. Of course, I was told by the interviewers when I expressed that I thought it was good that he spoke excellent English, that "there are some people who wouldn't want to hear English here." I countered with my belief that if there is a problem, and the student doesn't understand in Japanese, and the teacher cannot tell them what is going on, then the teacher has failed to be effective. So I got paid around US$30 for 4 and a half hours of work, after taxes were taken out. *sigh* taxes. Speaking of which, I am technically required to pay Japanese and US income tax. However, what is Japan going to do next year when I don't pay? Have the US extradite me for failing to fill out a form that would require them to repay me the 5 dollars they took from me from the only reported income I made in Japan?

Suzuki-san's stuff today - I taught and made Y6900, which comes to just about US$69. I'm saving it.
---
2004.01.26

Well, today I went to Machida to shop for a cellphone. I bought one. It's awesome. I don't know how to use it. It's not bilingual. It's only in Japanese. ACK!

But hey, at least I know how to turn it on and off. And I know how to take pictures with it as well. I signed up for the cheapest plan they had: Y2000 a month (US$20). The cancellation fee if I cancel within a year (of course I will, I'll be going back to the states in 6 months-ish) is -- get this -- Y3000 (US$30)! How cheap! In the US, cancellation fees run in the hundreds of dollars to the best of my knowledge.

I now need to get an SD card for my cellphone. Then I could store more pictures on my camera. But why would I actually need it, I don't know. So I probably won't buy one. The phone comes with a USB cable to connect the camera to my computer!

More on the features when I get it all figured out. Haha. In other words -- not for a loooong time ^_^.

In other words, this is Kyle Goetz, posting this article for today, and going to investigate the phone more.

Oh, I just saw my first Charlie Chaplin film (The Immigrant) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Peace out.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

web based efnet irc is great

I came here searching for web based efnet irc

I own a site related to web based efnet irc

Check it
web based efnet irc

9:17 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Hey, Nice Blog!

Makes some very interesting reading.

Please be sure to check out my site here - Mininova - for some great bit torrent downloads.

Thanks

5:23 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hey,

Very nice blog and some interesting posts. Have a look at my new bit torrent site called - Mininova -

Thanks

4:48 AM  
Blogger emily from blog articles said...

Hi Kyle Goetz,

As a result of reading your blog "this post", I think you will discover my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of tests, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ... how to find life insurance exam prep, patient preparation for rheumatology exam, capm prep exam, study guides for teacher preparation tests, acs exam preps, test prep for aap exam and nc electrician exam prep.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Best Regards
Emily

10:25 AM  
Blogger emily from blog articles said...

Hi Kyle Goetz,

As a result of reading your blog "this post", I think you will discover my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of tests, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ... how to find life insurance exam prep, patient preparation for rheumatology exam, capm prep exam, study guides for teacher preparation tests, acs exam preps, test prep for aap exam and nc electrician exam prep.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Best Regards
Emily

11:48 AM  
Blogger emily from blog articles said...

Hi Kyle Goetz,

As a result of reading your blog "this post", I think you will discover my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of tests, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ... how to find life insurance exam prep, patient preparation for rheumatology exam, capm prep exam, study guides for teacher preparation tests, acs exam preps, test prep for aap exam and nc electrician exam prep.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Best Regards
Emily

7:17 PM  
Blogger emily from blog articles said...

Hi Kyle Goetz,

As a result of reading your blog "this post", I think you will discover my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of tests, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ... how to find life insurance exam prep, patient preparation for rheumatology exam, capm prep exam, study guides for teacher preparation tests, acs exam preps, test prep for aap exam and nc electrician exam prep.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Best Regards
Emily

7:54 PM  
Blogger emily from blog articles said...

Hi Kyle Goetz,

As a result of reading your blog "this post", I think you will discover my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of tests, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ... how to find life insurance exam prep, patient preparation for rheumatology exam, capm prep exam, study guides for teacher preparation tests, acs exam preps, test prep for aap exam and nc electrician exam prep.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Best Regards
Emily

10:23 AM  
Blogger emily from blog articles said...

Hi Kyle Goetz,

As a result of reading your blog "this post", I think you will discover my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of tests, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ... how to find life insurance exam prep, patient preparation for rheumatology exam, capm prep exam, study guides for teacher preparation tests, acs exam preps, test prep for aap exam and nc electrician exam prep.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Best Regards
Emily

8:21 PM  
Blogger emily from blog articles said...

Hey Kyle Goetz,

Your blog "this post", leads me to believe you will find my information on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive site included ... differential aptitude test pass, pass differential aptitude tests abstract, easy ways to pass tests, how to pass mechanical reasoning tests, how to pass online psychology job tests, how to study and pass exams and how to pass online job tests.

We have many hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you pass your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Best Wishes
Emily

8:41 PM  
Blogger DomainsConnector said...

This is the best blog post for you. Check out this site about discount domain name registration
discount domain name registration

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home