Saturday, January 08, 2005

Finished Last Christmas

Well, I just finished watching Last Christmas, the Japanese drama that was HUGE this Christmas season. Wow, it was good.

WARNING SPOILERS FOR THE SERIES COMING UP!!!









warning
warning
warning warning!!!


--begin spoiler stuff WARNING WARNING WARNING

And you know how when you (this is for you Americans, especially) are faced with a foreigner with a thick accent, and you get told something like, "This is my wife, Yuki," in that accent, it kind of seems more like some non-human saying it? Well, of course it's a human, but like...it feels less real than if another American had said the same thing with their American accent? Well, I don't know about you, but I think I've felt like that before, without really noticing it...

Until I watched the end of Last Christmas, when the lead says, in English, to some friendly Canadians, "This is my wife, Yuki." I had this weird out-of-body experience where something that had always seemed one way to me, seemed completely different. I had this dichotomy of a foreigner saying something that seemed rather...factual...and less emotional, to all of a sudden it feeling like it was full of emotion, since I had just grown with their characters for 11 episodes, AND I speak their language now, as well.

That's all I have to say about Last Christmas

--- END OF SPOILERS AND END OF POST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home