Sunday, June 06, 2004

Well, I finally got internet to my apartment here, and summer school has started...I'll take this time to talk about my financial situation.

I am middle class. I am white. Therefore, I do not have many scholarship opportunities...normally.

However, I applied for 2 scholarships/grants for study abroad purposes, and got both. This totals USD 9,000! My budget for how much a year of studying in Japan would cost for -everything- was around 17,000 but my study abroad advisor encouraged me to raise it to USD 20,000. So nearly everything is covered: I have some money saved up as well, from living frugally in my childhood and high school working days.

So for any of you who are worried about the financial aspect of studying abroad, consider my case. I am not a minority, and I am not poor. I am right at the point where I cannot afford to study abroad on my own. I needed financial assistance.

Thanks goes out to:
Freeman-ASIA (for their grant)
University of Texas Study Abroad (for their scholarship)


My suggestions (or things to take away from this entry):
You CAN afford to study abroad! My study abroad time will be cheaper than a standard year of college at the University of Texas!
Apply early for scholarships! It pays. Literally!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jchan said...

that is a lot of money... i am expecting to get an expensive tutududuuu with a big tututuduuuu ^_~ <--- look! i learned that from you!

9:26 PM  
Blogger anna said...

Wow - you're blog is full of good info. It's getting hard to find blogs with useful content and people talking about study abroad these days. I have just started my Latest study abroad news blog and would really appreciate you coming by - thanks again

5:42 AM  
Blogger Squirrel said...

Great work on your blog - it was very enlightening. You've got a lot of useful info on there about study abroad so I've bookmarked your site so I don't lose it. I'm doing a lot of research on study abroad exposed and have just started a new blog - I'd really appreciate your comments

5:50 AM  
Blogger mia said...

I found a lot of useful info about study abroad on your blog - thank you. I also have a new study abroad tips blog - please click over and have a look

8:16 AM  
Blogger mia said...

I really enjoyed the content on your blog about study abroad will be back very frequently! I actually have my own study abroad exposed blog with all kinds of stuff in it. You�re welcome to com by

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding college cheerleading scholarship information is a difficult process. Thanks for helping others find more information about college cheerleading scholarship.

Davecollege cheerleading scholarship

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home